1-Click Install for WordPress Shared Cloud Hosting
Posted by J.T. Smith on 25 December 2014 03:42 PM
Congratulations on your new ViUX WordPress Shared Cloud Hosting subscription. To get started, please login to the ViUX Control Panel at: https://hsp.viux.com/cp/ - using your Email Address and Password as you entered during your order / checkout process.
If you have since forgotten or misplaced your password, please click the "Forgot your Password?" link, enter your Email Address, submit the form - and complete the password reset process online to login.
– NOTICE: The following steps to get WordPress installed and working for your Website(s) assume that you have already updated DNS for your Domain Name(s) as needed to point to the ViUX Network. If you have not already done so, please see the KB Article: "How do I update DNS for my Domain Name(s) to point to the ViUX Network?"
– Upon first login to the ViUX Control Panel at: https://hsp.viux.com/cp/ - you may be placed on either the [Home] or [Account] tabs by default.
– If not already active, please make sure to select your WordPress subscription (identified by your Domain Name) in the [Subscription] drop-down box (top / right corner as in the above image).
– After making your WordPress subscription active, select the [Applications] tab to be taken to the page as seen in the above image.
– Then click the [Install] button for the WordPress "Featured Application".
– You should then be taken back to the "License Agreement" page for the WordPress install (as seen in the above image), where you must check the "I accept the terms of License Agreement" checkbox - before clicking the [Next] button to proceed to the actual WordPress install page...
– You are now present on the WordPress install page (as seen in the above image). We call this "1-Click WordPress Install" because from here you are literally only 1-Click away from having WordPress installed and working on your Website...
– In the top field beside your Domain Name, enter the desired sub-folder for your WordPress install ("/wordpress" by default). If you want the WordPress install to be in the root folder instead of a sub-folder - then just clear the field, leaving it empty. If you have an SSL Certificate for your Domain Name, you can also select the entry starting with "https" in the drop down box.
– If you want your WordPress install to be updated automatically each time a new release is available, leave the "Automatically update this app" box checked. Otherwise, remove the check to handle updates manually. However, please note that having auto-updates enabled could break your site if an installed theme or plug-in is not compatible with the new release.
– Enter your desired username and password, such as "admin"; and then proceed with the 1-Click [Install] by clicking that button...
– The install of WordPress will then take place automatically... The system will create a MySQL Database on your behalf, install the WordPress Application, and then take you to a page like that seen in the above image. Your WordPress install is now COMPLETE!
– NOTICE: It is assumed that you have already updated DNS for your Domain Name as needed to point to the ViUX Network. If you have not already done so, please see the KB Article: "How do I update DNS for my Domain Name(s) to point to the ViUX Network?" - as the links on this page after completing the WordPress install will NOT work unless you have already pointed your Domain Name to our network in DNS.