How do I create a new Email Account for ViUX SmarterMail Shared Cloud Hosting?
Posted by J.T. Smith on 08 December 2014 03:28 PM
Congratulations on your new ViUX SmarterMail (EMAIL ONLY) Shared Cloud Hosting subscription. To get started, please login to the ViUX Control Panel at: https://hsp.viux.com/cp/ - using your Email Address and Password as you entered during your order / checkout process.
If you have since forgotten or misplaced your password, please click the "Forgot your Password?" link, enter your Email Address, submit the form - and complete the password reset process online to login.
– Upon first login you may be placed on either the [Home] or [Account] tabs by default.
– If not already active, please make sure to select your SmarterMail subscription (identified by your Domain Name) in the [Subscription] drop-down box (top / right corner as in above image).
– On the resulting page, select the [Mail] tab to be taken to the page as seen in above image.
– Click the [Create Email Address] button (within the gray bar as in above image).
– Complete the [Email Address], [Password], & [Confirm Password] fields with valid details for your desired Email Address.
– If you have more than one Domain Name configured, make sure to select the correct Domain in the drop-down box beside the [Email Address] field.
– WARNING: For security reasons, passwords MUST contain at least 8 characters, including: a lowercase letter; an uppercase letter; a number; and a symbol. Failure to create a valid password meeting these requirements will result in a very long and cryptic error message; along with the need to click the top [Mail] tab and start over by deleting and re-creating the Email Address. To avoid this potential issue, it is HIGHLY recommended to use the [Generate] and [Show / Hide] buttons to have a valid password created on your behalf.
– Make sure to select the [Mailbox] checkbox; and desired [Mailbox Size].
- Optional: Select the [Forwarding], [Email Aliases], & [Auto-Reply] tabs if you wish to configure any of these features.
– Click the [OK] button to create your new Email Address.
– You should then be taken back to the [Mail] tab where you should see a message of "Email address was created" (within the green bar as in above image).
– Your new Email Address will be functional immediately upon creation, provided you have updated DNS as indicated in your Welcome Email.
– If you wish to make any changes to the Email Address - click it; or click the [Create Email Address] button again to create an additional Email Address.
– You may test sending / receiving of email via the Webmail interface at: http://webmail.YOUR-DOMAIN-HERE.COM (replace YOUR-DOMAIN-HERE.COM with your actual Domain Name).