How do I create a new website using the ViUX SiteBulder @ sitebuilder.viux.com?
Posted by J.T. Smith on 13 December 2009 05:17 PM
1. Either follow a link from http://www.viux.com to the ViUX SiteBuilder; or go directly to http://sitebuilder.viux.com.
2. Within the ViUX SiteBuilder interface, either click the large [1 â€“ Start] icon; or click the small [Start] icon at the bottom right corner of the page - to proceed to â€œStep 1â€ of the ViUX SiteBuilder.
3. You should now be on â€œStep 1 (Start)â€. Here you select the type of site you wish to create. Your choices are: â€œCreate your siteâ€; â€œCreate your photogalleryâ€; or â€œCreate your blogâ€. Making the correct choice here will help pre-populate the default structure of your site based upon your selection (for most this will be â€œCreate your siteâ€ for creation of a general purpose web site). After making your selection, proceed to the next step by clicking the small [Next] icon at the bottom right corner of the page.
4. You should now be on â€œStep 2 (Design)â€. Here you select the desired template for your site. There are 500 templates to choose from. The navigation options at the bottom of the page allow you to browse the templates by thumbnail images. You can also use the search box or category drop-down box at the top of the page to narrow your selection by Category or to Search for a specific template by Keyword or ID Number.
5. You should now be on â€œStep 3 (Pages)â€. Here you complete the structure of your site by adding pages and setting page order in the site menu. You can also add special pages to the site that add certain specific functionality, like a Blog or Image Gallery. Again, at any time you can click the [Preview] icon at the bottom right side of the page to see your changes applied to the template in a full browser window. When ready to proceed, click the small [Next] icon at the bottom right corner of the page.
6. You should now be on â€œStep 4 (Edit)â€. Here you edit the specific text / content of each page, as well as, add modules to certain pages where desired. Again, at any time you can click the [Preview] icon at the bottom right side of the page to see your changes applied to the template in a full browser window. When ready to proceed, click the small [Next] icon at the bottom right corner of the page.
7. You should now be on â€œStep 5 (Publish)â€. Here you upload / publish the trial site you have created in the prior steps into the actual web space of your domain for live viewing online. The trial site is available online for up to 60 days before it must be published to a paid hosting subscription on our network, or you must start over with another trial site. At this step you are presented with your trial site key / alias; which is in the format of â€œ65d44310-24a4-4971-8dc3-bac7864b2700â€ (however it will be different than this for your specific trial site). This key / alias is also presented in the format of a full URL, such as: http://sitebuilder.viux.com/Wizard/HostingPreview.aspx?SiteID=65d4431024a449718dc3bac7864b2700, which will allow you to get back into the SiteBuilder to continue working on your trial site (prior to being published). This URL will work from the same or a different system, so it is a way of allowing you to work on the same trial site from different systems (i.e. from both work and home); or with Cookies disabled (see 2b & 2c above for more details).
8. During the ViUX Hosting subscription order process you will be presented with a field to â€œEnter Site Aliasâ€ under the heading of â€œPublish my trial Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder Siteâ€. Into this field you must enter the trial site key / alias presented at â€œStep 5 (Publish)â€; which has the format of â€œ65d44310-24a4-4971-8dc3-bac7864b2700â€ (see 7 above for more details).
a. Once you have completed your hosting subscription order during which you entered your trial site key / alias, please see the next Knowledge Base article in this series, entitled "What steps must I undertake BEFORE trying to publish my SiteBuilder Trial Site?"